Light Up Jo's Birthday, an annual celebration for J.K. Rowling's birthday on 31 July, has partnered with Lumos, a charity founded by Rowling that is helping to end the institutionalization of children around the world.
Those who donate £5 or more will be entered to win the grand prize, consisting of:
- A rare signed copy of The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling)
And everyone who donates will be entered to win one of the following prizes:
- A one-of-a-kind sketch of Harry by Thomas Taylor, cover art illustrator for Philosopher's Stone
- A one-of-a-kind sketch of Dobby by Jason Cockcroft, cover art illustrator for Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows
- A signed copy of Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book by Andrew Williamson, concept artist on the Harry Potter films
- A copy of ASOS magazine signed by Rupert Grint
- A signed photo of Matt Lewis
- A signed photo of Warwick Davis as Griphook, donated by The Signature Shop
- An official House Scarf, donated by Warner Bros Studio Tour (remember to leave your House either with your name or in your comment if you'd like to be entered for this!)
£4,500 has already been raised, surpassing the original goal of £1,000. Ruperteers, let's raise that some more!
So, go on, and wish J.K. Rowling the happiest of birthdays by donating here.