There’s certain characteristics that all males want to have.
We want to be funny, smart, and charming. And maybe we have one of those traits, but lack others. So, it makes us a tiny bit frustrated when we find someone who seems to have it all wrapped up in a nice, bright, ginger bow.
Yes, I’m looking at you, Rupert Grint.
Our choice then is, do we decide to hate you for it? Or, do we love you for it?
As one of the most iconic and loveable anti-heros in literature, it's a no-brainer. We love you for it. But, here’s our official word: we are really, really jealous.
And here’s five* reasons why:
1. You’re funny. We all yearn to have that perfect comedic timing, in the way that, when something awkward happens, we can just burst out a one-liner to lighten up the mood.
You've got that.
a. “Rupert is a kind of genius. I really believe that. I think Rupert is someone who has made lines hysterical that, honestly, I don’t think are that funny.” – Steve Kloves (Screenwriter, Harry Potter series)
2. You’re strong, yet gentlemanly. The perfect balance, even to the envy of your co-stars.
a. “He’s a dashing gentleman, have you not seen him? He’s very buff!” – Tom Felton (Actor, Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter series)
3. You’re so good at what you do. Even when we don’t have our dream job, we all want to be considered “really good” at our chosen occupation (preferably one of the best). Let's check that box, too.
a. “He’s an amazing guy! First of all, he’s a great actor, so bloody prepared. And he knows how to film. Moreover, he’s talented, funny and has a great energy.” – Stig Henrik Hoff (Actor, Into the White)
4. You’re chill. And we all strive to have that innate ability to easily fit in to any situation, adapt, relax, and just have fun.
a. “I’ll say Rup - I mean Rupert who plays Ron - he’s probably the most down-to-earth guy you will ever meet, ever.” – James Phelps (Actor, Fred in the Harry Potter series)
5. Oh, and...wait. You’re actually nice, too. Despite those millions and billions of dollars, you still manage to be one of the nicest people without your fame going to your head.
a. “Rupert Grint is the nicest guy you could possibly meet.” – Ed Sheeran (Musician)
• Disclaimer: I said there would be five* reasons? Here's the asterisk. For the guys: Remember how Rupert has kissed Emma Watson? Like, multiple times? Let's pause on that.
We love you Rupert, but we’ll never stop being jealous.